Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Celebration at the Melting Pot

To celebrate Joshua's graduating with his Masters which he will do next week I planned a special dinner treat at the Melting Pot and invited some of my family to come with us. It was quite a delightful dinner and our first experience with a fancy restaurant. For all those who have never been the Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant where you can do many different courses, we decided to try them all and go all out. So first we were started with a mexican cheese fondue that we dipped breads, veggies, chips and apples into. Then we were served incredible tasting salads while we waited for our entree dip to heat up. Then we were given a plate of raw meat that we put on our skewers and placed into the pot to cook and then ate others while we were waiting. It was served with all sorts of interesting dips. The meats included chicken, steak, shrimp, pork and some at the table got crab. The portions were nice and it took time to eat it so we still had room for dessert! Our side of the table ordered flaming turtle chocolate and once the chocolate was in the pot they made it flame by lighting it on fire, how cool is that? They had marshmallows, pound cake, brownies, bannanas, strawberries and cheesecake to dip into that. Ohhh, the night was just so much fun!!!! It is quite the experience--although and expensive one! :-) The Lord really blessed us because I had been wanting to try the Melting Pot for a long time and one day I decided to check a town's groupon that had the melting pot and they just "happened" to be selling ones to the melting pot that day. And they sold out! But I got one--$25 for $50 worth of food! And because I had a little credit built up I really only had to pay out of pocket $5. So that brought down our cost at the restaurant to a more reasonable amount. So if you haven't joined Groupon you really should so you can keep an eye on their daily deals. We were so blessed to be joined by my sisters Maddie and Beth and my parents and my adopted brother Danny!  

Beth, Danny and Maddie

Mimi and Tirzah

Yin and Yang Chocolate

Flaming Turtle Chocolate

Amazing dipping desserts

My parents


Maddie and I totally partying

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a really fun place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I'm so glad you got to go! It looks (and sounds) pretty amazing! Hehe, I love the picture of you and Maddie. :-D

    ReplyDelete