Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Chloe's Abbreviated Birth Story

For those curious about Chloe's birth here is the short version, if you want the long version you can ask me about it... I went into labor on Monday night and labored all night but never progressed past 5cm and my contractions kind of slowed down to where my midwife went home...I felt like I had labored all night and gained nothing!
On Wednesday I went on like life was normal and that evening as I was getting ready for bed...contractions started kicking into gear and I started to think it could be the real thing again...so I called my midwife. They got to our house around 12:30.
I labored till about three in the morning when I was fully dilated and effaced and ready to push. I started to push and my cervix swelled to where I had to wait through some of the pushing till the swelling went down. That was hard stuff!
Around 5:06 Chloe Elise was born...she was crying as she was born! She was quite healthy. The midwives checked both of us and made sure we were doing well and cleaned up everything. Chloe started nursing and we called family members to tell them the good news.
The most amazing thing was that Gideon and Tirzah slept through the whole birth and didn't wake up till everyone was gone around seven in the morning. They were surprised to find a new member to the family.
I sure do love this sweet new baby of ours!

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing woman, and MOMMY, Steph! I'm not sure who is more beautiful in the bedside picture, Chloe or YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a sweet story! It's awesome that you got to have a home birth! So glad everything went well.

    ReplyDelete