Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Pray for this Christmas Project

As most of you know Joshua is a grad student at Tech this year and we were praying about how we could reach out to some of his fellow students. Well, Joshua came up with a great plan of getting some gospels of John and maybe some cookies and giving them out. So I went to work this week to make that come to pass...Gideon and I baked many, many cookies as there are 65 grad students and I wanted to put 3-4 cookies in each bag. So we made some snickerdoodle, sugar cookies, oatmeal cookies and snow cookies. Gideon was a big help and encouragement--sitting on the counter licking the spoon part of the time. Then I worked on taking some paper lunch bags and transforming them into something attractive (thank you Kristin for the idea) with scrapbooking paper to have something people would like to look at...that took a ton of time--but was so worth it! Then I made labels saying 'Merry Christmas' and who they were from. Lastly came the putting together...Joshua helped with this--we put in the bags: 3-4 cookies wrapped in green plastic wrap, a candy cane and a gospel of John then we tied them with ribbon and the tag. They really looked cute by the end. We have been praying all along that this will open doors of discussion with fellow students and bring about salvation of fellow students. Please join us in praying for all these seeds that have been planted that they will have fallen on good soil!





4 comments:

  1. What an awesome outreach! Will be praying as they go out. God's Word never returns void!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great ministry and way to help your husband! I am so inspired - I will be able to do similar things for Stephen too. :) I love how you decorated the bags - so cute! Can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Thanks for checking out my blog! :)

    I live in Washington state in the Puget Sound area. There are a couple birthing centers here, but the one we chose is only 10 minutes from our home and was by far the most beautiful. We're very blessed to have such a wonderful place to have our baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out great Stephanie! Good for you getting all that work done! Sounds like you need a vacation now :-) Yes, I know you've got some books for me. No big rush 'til January since I take December off from teaching classes.- Also, if you'd like my sister's contact info (or if Joshua would!) I can e-mail it to you so you can get a session booked! Just let me know... Hope you're doing fabulously and are enjoying the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete