Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Our Christmas Stockings

My mother-in-law is very talented. Her family has always had homemade stockings and she has kept up the tradition for all of her daughter-in-laws and her grandchildren. She cross stitches each stocking and let me tell you that has not been an easy task the past three years. In 2009 she had two new daughter-in-laws and a grandson, then in 2010 and 2011 she had to start working on another daughter-in-law and two more grandchildren so in all she has made 6 stockings with all the beautiful detail in the last couple years! She lets us pick the design and she does all the work. I love how they look on our mantlepiece. Joshua's is actually done by his aunt when he was little but the rest are done by Michelle. Aren't they darling?

3 comments:

  1. i loved seeing them at your house! they have inspired me to pick up x-stitching again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are so pretty! Such a neat tradition to carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I LOVE those! What a great idea and so cute! ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete